These are my first few poems which haven't been previously publicly exposed. I'm not extrememly proud of them, because I lack confidence in my poetry. I dont particularly like them, and I think I probably need to work on them a bit more, but since only two people have ever read them before, I'd like to see what other people think about my poetry. Also, I dont really want to go back and correct any mistakes because I feel that I would ruin the poem if I did. When writing a poem, I express what I feel at that very moment, which is something unique and always very different, so I feel that if I were to go back and correct a poem, I would be violating my own poetry, and what inspired it.
In addition to my own poems, I will probably put up poems that I come across by poets I admire. I already have a few in mind like The Thought Fox by Ted Hughes (what got me into poetry in the first thing), All Legendary Obstacles by John Montague, and a good few Plath poems. I'd love to be able to look back on these posts in the future and read the poems that have been so much emotionally significant to me in the past and at present. I might even write about a bit of what I think about the peoms or what they mean to me and how I would interpret them, but I'm not sure yet.
Friday, May 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment